Fall is coming and that means you will be transitioning from summer clothes and accessories to bulkier fall (and eventually winter!) clothes and accessories. Here are some tips to make sure your storage spaces are organized and ready for the coming season.
- Use the underside of your shelves. Closet or other shelving can be fitted with hooks, netting or even drawers to provide some extra room. Use double sided hooks to make the most of space and hang jackets, umbrellas, backpacks and even sports equipment.
- Storage for indoor activities. In fall, many of our activities start to take place indoors. Make sure you have dedicated shelf or closet space, or even storage bins for hobbies, crafts and games.
- Storage for footwear. Soon enough to will be goodbye sandals and flip flops and hello shoes, boots and warm fuzzy slippers. A simple storage bin or dedicated spot where footwear is commonly donned and removed will keep things organized.
- Goodbye garden. If you have gardening tools, accessories and clothing, chances are it will need a place to rest for the fall and winter. If you don’t have a big outdoor gardening shed, consider a storage solution in your hall closet, mud room or garage. A small closet or shelving unit should suffice.
- Inventory time. In summer we use far fewer items and tend to forget about those that we packed away sometime last spring. Make a list of all the items and accessories that you remember using last fall and winter. Track them down and move them to more easily accessible storage locations.
Enjoy the coming season and as always, if you want to share your thoughts or have questions, we are always here to help. Just give us a call at (609) 778-7677 or shoot us an email.