A laundry room is more than a place to keep your washing machine and dryer. With a few additions, this space can be transformed into an organized room designed for all your clothing and cleaning needs. Here are five simple solutions.
- Add Overhead Cabinets: Take advantage of the wall space above your washer and dryer by adding cabinets. This a perfect place for laundry detergent and fabric softeners and a safe way to store bleach and other products dangerous to children and pets.
- Include a Cabinet for the Ironing Board: Consider including a cabinet designed for your ironing board. When not in use, it is stored neatly and out of the way. When needed, it is easy to find and easy to use.
- Install a Desk with Drawers: A desk gives you a place to sit while sewing and mending clothes. Adding drawers allows for storage of threads, needles, thimbles, and that one sock that never has its mate!
- Include a Clothing Rod: Imagine having a place to hang dry cleaning, clothes that need ironing or a convenient way to air dry delicate fabrics. No more piles or using the shower rod!
- Create a Seasonal Closet: Season closets store and organize the things that are only needed at specific times of the year. These items could include clothing like winter coats, sweaters and boots, or holiday items like decorations and wrapping paper.
Laundry rooms come in all shapes and sizes. These are just a few examples of how to best use your space. Please contact Closet Possible and we will be happy to discuss your specific laundry room needs.